Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend Recap.

The beach, Sunday night. Trust me when I say you don’t get views like this in prison… Carmageddon is getting so commercial. It used to be about the freeway-widening, man… Actually, the whole thing went off swimmingly, with no one on the road. As a certain blogger predicted on Friday, we didn't abandon our cars in a 30-mile parking lot, wandering the freeway looking for sustenance. In fact, Caltrans knocked it out so fast they reopened the 405 twenty hours ahead of schedule. Here’s the bottom line: they warned us to stay off the roads, and this being an entertainment town, we take direction well… To the guys whooping it up at my gym during the U.S. Women's World Cup game yesterday, if you were so into the game, why were you watching it at the gym? And winning a soccer tournament is about as big an accomplishment as being the best dancer at a wedding... My new defensive strategy whenever I walk into my brother’s house and get instantly tag-teamed: I pick up my nephew and hit my niece with him. Kills two birds.