Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Thank You So Much.

So, these are the shittiest of days. What I’d been dreading most was every time I’ll be returning to my apartment without Petey there. But after yesterday’s post, I received all kinds of support from friends, and I realized that while I may live alone, I’m definitely not alone.

There were hundreds of calls, emails, texts and comments. People offering to hang with me and get me out of the house. Or let me play with their dogs when Pete’s gone. And lots of reassurance from all my friends who’ve been through the same tough time and fully understand.

I’m still working on the writing assignment I’ve had for the past couple months, from an office during the day. While I hate being away from my dog, I know I’m working for him, earning plenty to take care of any treatments he needs. And the people I hired to walk Petey every day couldn’t be nicer – they’re taking him on shorter walks and spending more time with him at my place. They even texted me the above pic from his walk yesterday, though I have to say it made me miss him and got me worked up, and I may have to nicely ask them to discontinue doing that. Not a bad place for a dog to spend his last days, though, huh?

When I found out Petey was sick, I thought for the first time ever that I would take some time off from blogging, as I was just not feeling it. But a few days have passed, and thanks to your support, while I will progressively become more of a wreck, I still want to share everything else I have going on right now, acting and otherwise, and still have fun on here.

For instance, as destroyed as I was about my dog’s imminent death, I had to ponder the irony of me jumping for joy that Bin Laden got it in the ass. And I tweeted about it.

So consider this a sort of blog sorbet, cleansing the emotional pallet and pushing on. If you keep reading, I’ll keep writing.