Friday, January 28, 2011

Back In School.

When telling people what you've learned, bear in mind they couldn't give the remotest shit about it unless it qualifies as insider trading information, or will help them get laid.

That said, I’m going to back to class, and from time to time will share whatever I find interesting.

Last year, I graduated from levels one and two at the Upright Citizens Brigade improv theatre. I waited to take the third level because I wanted the best teacher possible, and yesterday I lucked out and got into his class.

My teacher is part of the improv team Convoy, who made a name for themselves at UCB’s cage match. While most teams win for a few weeks before another team knocks them out, Convoy won 51 weeks in a row. Teams came from all over the country, including the cast of SNL, to try to oust them, but were unsuccessful. Finally, Convoy stepped down and was given its own weekly show.

I think my teacher (that’s him, above, in green) is the best of the three Convoy guys, and if his team is the best on the planet, then by the transitive property I will be trained by the best improv guy on the planet. I can't wait for the class.

Anyway, T.G.I.F. Or, for you atheists, T.I.F.