Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Make It Ricky.

David Letterman said it first, and my friend Jeff and I constantly repeat it: “The thing about the genius switch is – there is no off position.”

Which is why my idea for a coffee table book featuring wedding photos of now-divorced couples is going to be a #1 best-seller. It's a guaranteed laugh on every page.

It’s also why I fully believe that when ABC names the host of the upcoming Oscars, if they don’t bring back Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin (who I both love and think did a hilarious job) the guy they need to choose is Ricky Gervais.

Did you catch Ricky at the recent Emmys? He’s made for these events – poised, yet willing to bash fellow celebrities, and the name of the winner.

Yep, there you have it: another gem from a brilliant mind. I wish I could give myself a Gatorade bath.