Monday, October 4, 2010

Once Again, Random Shots I’m Deleting: A Blackberry® Purge.

As the days tick down to my Blackberry’s utter obsolescence, I keep stumbling across pics that never saw action on my blog. So I’ll recap the stories behind each one as they pop up. And come to think of it, my Blackberry isn’t all bad – it makes a nifty nightlight.

Today’s entry: Hugh Hefner’s pet bird, taken earlier this year while I was working on an assignment recording voiceovers for the Vancouver Olympics:

Actually, there are several cranes and peacocks in Hef’s yard, and flamingos, and I believe monkeys. But I didn’t get to meet the chimps, which may be for the best… This particular peacock seemed to have a friendly relationship with one of the mansion’s security guys and wandered over to eat out of his hand. That was far from the oddest thing I witnessed that day… When you pull up to the Playboy mansion, there are lots of horny creeps getting their pictures taken by the front gate… We recorded in Hef’s private study, which looks like a nuclear bomb dropped in 1975 and froze it in time… I also got a tour through the famous screening room, and afterwards half-expected to be hit with one of those Men in Black memory erasers.