Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Nerd Alert.

My mom sent me this killer pic of my hero, George Clooney. It’s pretty astounding he grew up to be the guy all women want, seeing as back then he must have gotten his hair cut in a bouncy house.

Talk about aging with grace – Jason Reitman, director of Up in the Air, said in the film’s audio commentary that George never wears makeup. Bastard.

Tonight, his new film opens, and in a pretty lousy movie year, I’m excited for what looks like the beginning of a big upswing. (Also crossing my fingers for Ben Affleck’s The Town, and Aaron Sorkin/David Fincher’s The Social Network.) Can’t wait to see them.

Last week, a couple of my friends ate lunch in a sushi restaurant in Studio City, and the only other people in the place were seated at a table next to them: George Clooney, and his producing partner Grant Heslov. It's probably for the best that I wasn't there as well, or George’s meal might’ve come to a halt with me vomiting up hamachi on his shoes.

Let's all see his film.