Monday, August 16, 2010

Wow.

I understand all aspects of disappointment. For example, biting into a chocolate chip cookie and realizing it's an oatmeal raisin cookie is kind of like finding out she's a dude.

Stay with me here. I already have a couple of good agents, but figured I’d also contact a manager and see if he’d be interested in representing me. He loved my website and my reel, and scheduled a meeting.

But then I booked a commercial, and had to postpone the meeting. And then I booked an infomercial, and had to postpone again. When the infomercial folks brought me back again, I asked to reschedule once more, and got this, from the manager’s assistant:

“Thank you for your interest, Matt, but we can no longer keep scheduling appointments. We wish you the best of luck in your career.”

Hey, Chickenshit – I kinda think me booking work is not only a valid reason to postpone, but all the more reason why you might want to share the wealth. I’ve booked all this work happily; imagine how I’m gonna do pissed off.

In a few months, why don’t you check back on what I’m up to. Then grab two brews and jump.