Friday, August 20, 2010

Three Guys I’d Like To Choke.

I'm as calm and forgiving as Nelson Mandela, but with a desire to punch certain dudes in the throat. What I mean is I'm nothing like Nelson Mandela.

I love acting and I love actors, but there's something in my makeup that brings out my dangerously competitive when I see guys at an audition dressed exactly like me.

I’m not quite sure where this particular peeve stems from, considering auditions like the one in the pic above require guys to dress a specific way. (In this case, blue oxfords and khaki pants, or as I like to call it, “The Professor from ‘Gilligan’s Island’ style.”) When I see these guys, first when I drive up, taking my parking spot, then inside, rehearsing their lines with their stupid faces, it all has the potential to play out like the climactic scene from a mafia movie.

I’ve kept it in check. So far. Happy weekend.