Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Take Two Of These And Do Not Drive This Beast.

I’m a firm believer in keeping a car spotless. No clutter – not on the seats, the floors or the dashboard. It may explain why someone recently got into my SUV for the first time and asked if it was a rental.

Yesterday, I got to spend the day with some classically pristine vehicles, as I shot my role in the infomercial for the sleep-aid Alteril. The location was a classic-car garage in Hollywood, where I played a mechanic who swears by the importance of a full-night’s rest.

Half my lines were delivered while leaning on this perfect, ’69 Camaro. The garage owner started it up for me, and it just snarled. I asked him if I could get that as a ringtone.

Great shoot. Excellent crew. And for all your sleeping needs, you cannot top the blissful goodness of Alteril. Trust me – I’m a mechanic.