Friday, June 18, 2010

Rolling.

What does it feel like to take charge of an audition? Flat-out incredible. Like I-will-crush-you-like-bugs incredible. Like I have the power to affect the tides with my mind, and cause women to spontaneously disrobe.

Last week, a great casting director called me in for an audition, and after I read for the part, the director handed me a larger role and gave me a few minutes to step out of the room and learn it. When I came back in, I just crushed it. I hit the jokes. I nailed the direction. He then had me improv, in character, and I made him and the casting director laugh. The result: I got a lead role in a pilot presentation that’s going to be shot next week.

Just typing that gave me a semi.

It’s a sitcom about the inner-workings of a reality-show production staff, shot in the scripted, mockumentary style of “Modern Family.” The show has a first-look deal with a great production company in Hollywood as well, and I couldn’t be happier.

Now, to celebrate. Do I go with a nice meal and a beverage, or burn cop cars Laker-championship style? Let’s go one from column A, one from column B: medium-rare sirloin and a Molatov cocktail. To go.