Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Pilot Shoot: Day Two.

What was my motivation? Fighting off the urge to curl up and nap while shooting on this, the comfiest set ever. I drank six Red Bulls and wore shoes two sizes too tight, just in case.

Touching one last time on my apparent fascination with bathrooms, this one had an automatic freshener built into the toilet. I think there should be a constitutional amendment requiring this contraption be installed in every men’s room across the country.

New friend/fellow actor Seth, draining an 18-footer.

I know it’s a tired cliché when actors talk about the love-fest that went on with their cast mates (please punch me in the dick if I ever describe one of mine as “generous”), but I truly enjoyed working with this bunch more than any before. We had an instant chemistry the first time we rehearsed, and there may actually be a logical reason for this: good casting. We were all comedic actors with improv skills and similar makeups, so we spent each day just zinging it. I could barely keep up with them.

Very sad that it’s over. Keeping the fingers crossed that it’s not permanent.