Monday, May 24, 2010

The Cure For The Common Commercial Withdrawal.

While I don’t know a lick about what’s going on underneath my car’s hood, my strength lies in driving etiquette. The most important thing I’ve come to find: don't honk at old people. It just confuses them further.

But it looks like I’ll be getting a crash course in automotive maintenance this week, because I booked another commercial – for MotorSilk engine treatment.

No children for me this time around – I'll play a guy at a gas pump wrestling with a snake-like hose/nozzle.

Now, if you’ll pardon me while I pat myself on the back so hard I’m going to need Tommy John surgery. I was thrilled after booking the Wii commercial (my sixth overall, and third since August), but wasn’t sure what it would feel like to book the seventh one only a week later. I imagined it would be like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters. Buildings would blow up and Ernie Hudson would be covered in marshmallow when it was over.

It’s all that and more. And it shoots Wednesday. I love me some me.