Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Man Knows His Stuff.

I’m no veteran when it comes to the entertainment industry, but one thing I know for certain: Susan Boyle is Benny Hill's best character, by far.

Actually, I learned early on the two most important words for any actor: patience and persistence. And you’d better maintain an even amount of both – too much patience will never scare up work; too much persistence, and you’ll wind up screwing yourself into the ground.

With the recession still hitting Hollywood hard, and the always slow summer around the corner, I’m going to need to brace for it and be one patient and persistent MFer. Helping out was this quote I saw yesterday:

“I realized early on that success was tied to not giving up. Most people in this business gave up and went on to other things. If you simply didn’t give up, you could outlast the people who came in on the bus with you.” – Harrison Ford

I’m going to pursue this business for the duration. There’s nothing else I’ll ever want to do. I’ve seen the alternative, having worked in various civilian jobs since I was 15. This meant I received all the respect and courtesy of your average, thieving crack whore, except I lost a third of my income to taxes. Pass.