Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Another Example Of The Man Keeping Us Polacks Down.

The highlight of this past weekend’s NFL draft: when league commissioner Roger Goodell hit the podium to announce the Steelers’ first-round pick, and the crowd at Radio City Music Hall gave a shout-out to QB/serial-rapist Ben Roethlisberger, chanting “She said no!”

Okay, sometimes I love New York.

Definite lowlight: when ESPN analyst Matt Millen popped up on screen apologizing to Polish people, after he jokingly called fellow commentator Ron Jaworski a “Polack.”

This is the same Matt Millen that, as Lions GM, once offered post-game congratulations to opposing wide receiver Johnnie Morton. When Morton blew him off, Millen shouted at him, “You faggot! Yeah, you heard me. You faggot!”

Let’s face it – Matt Millen has so much baggage, he's paying at least 120 bucks every time he flies American Airlines. And his most egregious blunder is a flat-out lack of creativity. A Polish joke? Really? Weren’t they all the rage in like 1972?

Where’s Jessie Jackson when my fellow Poles need him most? I figured he would have shown up at ESPN by now and shaken them down for some cash.

I guess we gotta nominate our own Jessie. I hereby nominate myself.

As Polish Jessie Jackson, my first order of business is to render judgment on my new favorite lunkhead. So here goes: I’m not really good with analogies, but Matt Millen’s a lot like an asshole.