Friday, January 22, 2010

They’re Not Taking Me Alive.

How much do I trust cops when they claim they don’t have ticket quotas each month? About as much as I trust Roman Polanski to chaperone a junior high school dance.

I heard that quotas for the LAPD were raised recently, which might explain why I’ve seen police handing out tickets like frozen turkeys at food banks.

Yesterday, along a one-mile stretch where I live, I saw four different cars pulled over by four different cops. “Protect and serve?” More like “Ruin people’s days.”

I’m on the road constantly, to Hollywood and back, putting over 50 miles a day on my car, speeding as much as possible. But now I’m going to slow it down a bit. I haven’t been caught yet, nor will I ever be caught, and I’m asking my fellow Angelenos to keep their speeds down as well. Let the police find alternate methods of turning a profit. Perhaps a bake sale. 10-4.