Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Favorite Divorce.

As a defender of all things Los Angeles, I grow weary of the notion that marriages here don’t last. A quick Google search will reveal that L.A. is far from the divorce capital of the United States. That claim belongs to Tacoma. But I’m focusing today on my favorite city – L.A. – and a divorce involving my favorite sport – baseball. I’d assume the top sport in Tacoma is foxy boxing.

On second thought, check that – I defend all things L.A. except for their sports teams. My allegiance will always remain with New York. My friend Marc recently asked who I’d root for if the Yankees met the Dodgers in the World Series. I believe my reply was, “The Dodgers can suck my ass.”

Which transitions nicely to the divorce of Dodger owners Frank and Jamie McCourt. Oh, who can’t forget the inseparable sweethearts who after being outbid trying to buy their hometown Red Sox, purchased the Dodgers instead and let their sacchariny love begin to ruin this storied franchise? And recently, as their relationship turned ugly, it got damn entertaining.

Jamie, a really sexy older babe, is currently being pushed out of her job as Dodger CEO by Frank, who cites one of the grounds for her dismissal as “inappropriate behavior with a direct subordinate.” That is hot.

I believe Jamie and Frank’s disintegration ranks higher than ESPN baseball analyst Steve Phillips’ recent split. By the way, how fitting is it that Phillips, the former Mets general manager, chose to bang a chick that looks just like Benny Agbayani?

So, you gay dudes still really want the right to get married? Best of luck when you get it.