Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Festivus, Part XXVIII.

Over the weekend, as I drove through Brentwood, where the creeks flow with Bollinger and raccoons wear rhinestone collars, I couldn’t help but feel like the poorest guy in showbiz. But then the Blackberry chirped with this nugget: my film got into its 28th festival. Take that, sugar daddies.

You know the kind of neighborhood I’m talking about – where you can’t swing a rhinestone-wearing raccoon without hitting a CL-Class sedan. Whatev – because the FirstGlance Film Fest comes with $25,000 in cash and prizes.

If I win, I’m not about to waste the bucks on stuff as trivial as rent or food. I’m gonna use them to Brentwood-ise my place, with a better popcorn ceiling. Or I'll donate some back to the festival for a top-notch spell check (see above.)

Thanks FirstGlance. The fest actually pays you back.