Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 1: Long Day’s Journey Into Morning.

The trip back, Larry King style:

My flight to New York was delayed, so a massive shout-out to my mom, who began her birthday picking me up at 2:30 a.m. I’ll make it up to her by letting her buy me dinner tonight. It’s the least I can do, Sheila… Sitting next to me on the flight was an Asian couple wearing surgical masks. I was mildly offended… Hey, United Airlines: join the 90s and let’s get some TVs on the plane. I missed most of the Yanks/Sox game thanks to you. And do it soon, or I'll flush a tissue on my next flight… Also, with no food, and the in-flight movie being Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, the “Economy PLUS” sticker you slapped on every tray table is a real head-scratcher… Okay, enough airline jokes. I’ll end this before this blog turns into a bad open-mic night.