Thursday, August 13, 2009

Best Cinematography, Oxford Film Festival.

There isn’t an ounce of vanity in me. I’ll have you know I wear the least hand makeup of anyone in Hollywood.

But if I were a guy who fretted over looks, I’d still be fine when it came my character in my film, The Beneficiary. That’s me, above, in a scene in which I purchase a handgun. Who would’ve thought me, a confirmed wuss, could pull off tough?

Apparently, Mateo Londono, the cinematographer, did, and he deserves a medal. Or better yet, an award. And he got one, last weekend, at the Oxford Film Festival, for Best Cinematography. Kick ass.

It was no surprise that after the big premiere of my film, most of my cast mates wanted me to point them in the direction of Mateo. The man’s a beast.

Oh, and now that I’ve thought about it, I’d like to retract my “confirmed wuss” statement. I’m not averse to danger. I’ve ridden the New York subway on St. Patrick’s Day. Twice.

Well done, Mateo.