Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Got My Mojo Back.

I’d like to think I’m chasing the dream pretty diligently. But even us motivated types are allowed an off day in which we want to confiscate all the evidence. You heard me, Lebron.

That day for me was last Thursday, when I couldn’t get it together to work on my script. I did come clean and blog about it, but I don’t like going to bed unfulfilled, and that ain’t happening again.

So yesterday, I busted my ass and got this accomplished: up early, drove to Hollywood, auditioned for a commercial, just after doing 75 pushups in the parking lot (the call was for a shirtless guy playing online poker.) Shirt back on, long pants on, drove over the hill and auditioned for a commercial for a home soda-making machine. Completely rocked it. Then back to Hollywood, where my friend Bru was outstandingly outgoing and sat with an editor and me while we spent all afternoon putting together my acting reel. Rushed home, walked Pete, showered, then back to Hollywood for a class from 7 to 11. Lethargy, I piss on you.

Highlight of the day: Bru and I calling out a cute chick working the counter of a fancy cheese/sandwich joint in Studio City for sporting a genuine hickey on her neck. She was in her late twenties, and I asked if the boy was a junior in high school, resulting in blush #2 from her. I told her to relay to him to keep that stuff below the equator from now on.

My work is done here.