Friday, June 12, 2009

Weekend At Breckie’s.

Colorado. Where white teens are armed and dangerous, NBA sexual assault is legal and Nazi-brewed beer is as cold as a mountain spring.

This nutty state more than redeems itself this weekend, as I head out to the Breckenridge Festival of Film – and its accompanying free lodging. Professional Wingman Mike Larkin will be alongside as we take The Beneficiary to the place where John Elway carried on some serious philandering (I’ll stop now. I promise.)

This will officially be the 36th state I’ll have visited, according to the handy visual above. It looks like my quest to hit all 50 will require a road trip from Oregon through the Dakotas, to Nebraska and Iowa. It’ll click off nine more, and give Petey ample head-out-the-car-window time.

Early flight, so gotta wrap this up. Feel free to rob your boss of valuable man-hours today by mapping out your own state checklist. But first, wish me luck.