Monday, June 29, 2009

Festivus, Part XXI.

The Oxford International Film Festival is the 21st fest to accept The Beneficiary. Though it actually takes place in Ohio, my Mom can finally brag to her yenta friends that I got into Oxford.

Since Ohioans were nice enough to honor me, I’ll reciprocate:

First off, as a show of my appreciation, whatever a Buckeye is, I want to either eat it, frame it or add it to my gas tank when I fill up. Put me down for tres of those babies.

Second, I’ve never been to Cleveland, but I have driven past it, and it seems to no longer be the place where hope goes to get raped. Congrats.

Third, Pringles were invented in Ohio. And my favorite type of food is "stackable."

And finally: kudos on having one of the rare governors who hasn’t cheated on his wife, been outed sexually, tried to sell a vacant senate seat or kept his socks on while sleeping with a high-class hooker. Much respect.