Friday, May 1, 2009

Jalopies “R” Us.

Now, more than ever, you can’t throw a punch without hitting a destitute actor in this town. Count me among the bankrupt. Which made it all the more fun that my new transmission cost me upwards of three grand. Three grand? That’s NBA sexual-assault money.

I was going to be without a car for over a week, but I wasn’t without good fortune: I found the cheapest car rental place on the planet.

$6.99 a day. Featuring all the dashboard cigarette burns and coat-hanger antennas a guy could ask for. Plus freeway traffic is a breeze when you crank the Bible talk on the A.M. radio.

So if you live in LA, or plan on visiting here on the shoestringiest of budgets, check this joint out.

Gotta run. Signing over the stimulus check to McDonald’s for 49-cent Friday.