Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I Love Me Some Recession.

You can gauge an economic downturn by the tremendous surge in apple-selling. Thank Jesus we haven’t hit that point yet in L.A., but when we do, my heart goes out to the Mexicans on the freeway off-ramps who hawk produce year round (and five-dollar bouquets for the white-trash Mrs.)

There’s a nice positive in this S-storm: the recession is starting to separate the wheat from the chaff. There are so many actors playing at this business and getting in the way of those of us actually pursuing it. And those pikers are leaving town because they haven’t got the guts to ride it out. Good riddance.

Even if I have to resort to vending Granny Smiths and looking like Sigmund Freud’s stand-in, I’m here for the duration as an actor. Let’s be honest – besides programming my DVR during sex, it’s the only talent I have.