Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dr. Audition.

Dr. Matthew T. Shevin. It kinda computes like a tofu T-bone.

But I sure can play the hell out of a doctor.

I had an audition for an HMO commercial the other day. At the casting office, actors disappeared into the audition room for about ten minutes each. Then, as I was on deck, a woman went into the room for about a half hour. I figured the director must have loved her enough to work through the lengthy script with her.

My turn finally came up, and I went in, did one take, and the director pulled away from the camera eyepiece, smiled and said, “You nailed it. That’s all I need.”

It took all of 30 seconds. And I walked out and realized that the woman preceding me must have had the right look, but she struggled with her lines enough that the director patiently tried to help her make it work. Meanwhile, I was done in one take.

The doctor is in the hizzy.