Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Be On The Lookout For Some Damn Talented Homeless Folks.

Though it is my wish to die via assassination, if no one’s got the juevos to take me out, I’ll settle for plan B: riding it out in The Motion Picture Home.

Actually, now I need to conjure up a plan C, because last month it was announced that the home, on the verge of bankruptcy, is being fazed out.

The place was created in part by Charlie Chaplin and Mary Pickford, and for decades has been where the famous go to gum down some tapioca and complain about the government full time. Old age is so wasted on the old.

Some notable residents have included Bud Abbott, DeForest Kelley and Norman Fell. Mr. Roper's final stand.

People like those pictured above have been kind enough to raise a stink about the whole thing, but it’s too late. The doors are scheduled to shut later this year.

So sorry, kindly old Hollywood has-beens. I'd let you all crash here, but Pete's called shotgun on the couch.