Monday, February 23, 2009

Actor/Writer/Kvetcher.

I try my hand at several forms of writing. A screenplay. A blog. An angry note to Whole Foods for changing the recipe of their vegan meatballs. Those hippies better get it together or else.

My latest foray was a spec commercial, and a young director loved it so much he asked me if he could shoot it. I offered my services as an actor for the spot, and the director, who was footing the bill and justifiably skeptical, made me audition for the lead role against a slew of other actors. I nailed it. And yesterday we shot it. That’s the back of my head on the monitor in the above pic.

When I get a copy of the finished product, I’ll post it on here. I won’t say much about the commercial, so as not to tip the premise, but I will share that I had to get up at 5:15 yesterday to spend 90 minutes in makeup.

So, what writing medium do I tackle next? I’m torn between a dissertation on emerging determinates of economic and social prosperity, and a Bazooka Joe Comic. I’ll flip a coin.