Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Aceman Returneth.

Being able to long-form rant on this blog has truly become my raison d'etre (That’s my “reason for existence,” for all the idiots I graduated with back east who are now logging on using the free WiFi at Sal’s Pizzeria.)

My hero, Adam Carolla, has the same need to entertain daily, and it blew rhino that he got yanked off the air.

The void lasted all of two days, however, because Adam decided to record a daily podcast from his home beginning late Sunday night. It’s 45 minutes of him speaking his mind (new and improved, now with 100% more cursing!) for free. All he asks in return is that his fans spread the word, and if it takes off, he’ll increase his bandwidth, add guests and top-notch production.

He opened the first cast with this thought:

“I got into radio many years ago to speak my mind, to do what I wanted to do and to connect with people. And I’d rather have ten smart people than a billion retards listening to me.”

A quarter of a million people downloaded it the first day. It’s the #1 podcast in the country.

I’m thrilled he’s back, and I suggest you check it out on the link below. Or you can download it on iTunes.