Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Have Fun, Fatty.

“What do you guys think? I could wear a t-shirt,” I said, to my co-star and the director of my new film as we talked wardrobe on Thursday. “You should go shirtless,” they both replied.

Nice try, Shevin.

At that very moment, the Weekend From Hell was officially underway. I'd written a bedroom scene, and now I was going to pay for it with four days of beating myself into shooting shape.

I immediately went into DEFCON 4: no carbs, no fat, no sodium. When I wasn’t starving myself, I ate 84 scrambled egg whites. I hit the elyptical until my butt was in spasm. By Sunday morning, I had lost nine lbs., and my mind. I had hallucinations – and not the good kind. If I could just… make it… through… Sunday…

Then the director called Sunday night, and told me his camera was malfunctioning. Shoot postponed. The saga continues.

One thing’s for certain: my next film’s gonna be about a guy who wears a moo moo.