Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Using A Walkie Talkie At My Age: Still Awesome.

You'll never achieve full erectile function until you yell "quiet on the set" a few dozen times in a day.

Saturday I had a teamster-good time volunteering as crew for a film in which my friend John Kapelos starred and edited the script. It’s a comedy called The Commentary, and that’s John and his co-star, above, on location at a recording studio in Hollywood.

I met one of John’s friends on the set, a cool, older actor/writer who was offered a job by Lorne Michaels in 1974 to write for the first season of SNL. The guy is my new hero, not only for being offered such a kickass job, but because he turned Lorne down because the it required him to move to New York. He loved L.A. – the greatest city on earth – too much to leave. Stud.