Friday, December 5, 2008

Speaking Of Showbiz.

It should be obvious by now that I can talk a wicked streak about acting. Put a nickel in me and I ain’t gonna stop.

My friend Chase realized this yesterday, when he quickly needed a speaker for his weekly Hollywood Rotary Club luncheon. I graciously accepted, and wound up getting way more of out if than just a reason to take a shower before noon.

The Hollywood Rotary are upstanding business types who live and work among many aspiring actors, but aren’t familiar with what our daily grind is like. So I gave them the live, condensed Inside-the-Actor's-Studio-Apartment rigamarole. It killed.

In return, I got a yummy, warm meal served on china. Which totally beat my usual PB&J standing over the kitchen sink. And they presented me with a nifty, gold-plated letter opener.

So if you need someone to kill 20 minutes at your next function, literally dangle a pork chop in front of me and I'll be there. I’m already got a fancy letter opener, so don’t knock yourself out.