Wednesday, December 17, 2008

An Open Letter To My Dog’s Vet.

Dear Doctor,

I know, economic times are tough. Recently I was forced to downgrade to John Wayne toilet paper (rough, tough, doesn’t take no crap).

So the recent barrage of postcards from you trying to get me to bring my dog in for an unnecessary checkup is understandable. But forcing your tech assistants to start calling me seems a tad less professional. Don’t they have more important things to do? (Even they, off the record, agree.)

FYI: Pete once got hit by a BMW in front of my brother’s house. He bounced off the grill and walked away wagging his tail. So I don’t think he needs a checkup to let me know he’s in good shape.

Unless Michael Vick’s getting paroled soon, he’s going to be fine. Oh, wait...

Sincerely,
Matthew T. Shevin