Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hawkin’ Beemers.

There’s no way in hell I could afford a BMW X5. For that matter, there’s no way in hell I could afford the ashtray in a BMW X5 (it is one fine, German-engineered ashtray).

I can, however, afford to extol the virtues of the sweetest SUV on the road, thanks to a recurring, monthly gig as the character “Salesman” for BMW radio commercials.

As fun as it is to record the commercials, it's as if God is my wingman when one of them plays while I’m getting a trim by Danielle the Hottie Haircutter. Cue the awkward mention that that’s me on the radio, ya big geek.

Keep your ears open too, if you happen to forget to flip during a commercial break and I come on. You may find yourself suddenly careening toward your local BMW dealer for super-low 0.9% APR financing. You can’t afford not to.