Monday, November 10, 2008

Okay, This Ends Now.

Thursday night, this blaze took a house behind my apartment.

Tuesday night, a dozen cops and a police chopper searched my block for two swell fellas who stole a car and committed a hit and run.

Monday, my old neighbor across the street passed away.

Last month was my next-door neighbor’s suicide.

A few months ago a kid fleeing police lost control of his car and took out a light pole, and his own life, just as he was about to pass my street.

Etc., etc., etc.

Do the local cops, firemen and EMTs have some sort of Starbucks-type frequent user cards for my street? Enough.

The fire by the way, burned wires strung from telephone poles near the house, leaving many homes in the neighborhood without cable TV or Internet. Arguably the biggest tragedy of all.