Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Ugly Truth.

I’m often asked by friends of mine if my acting classes are loaded with cute women.

Yes, and no.

Nothing turns a 10 into a 6½ faster than a lack of talent. For example, I recently attended a class which included a well-known reality star who’s attempting to cross over to acting. She’s a tall, drop-dead gorgeous blonde, recently voted as having one of the top five sets of legs in Hollywood. I read a scene with her, and she was horrendous. I instantly lost my wood.

The only time I ever feel a sliver of jealousy in this business is when women like her are given dozens of opportunities to audition because of their looks. But then I realize these ladies will botch every chance they get. And, just like that, jealousy gone.

Last night, as I ran this blog idea past some actress friends, they insisted that I give equal time and mention that the same theory applies to men. Good looking guys that can’t act are like kryptonite to them.

So all you prom kings and prom queens who are planning to move out here– either pack some talent, or quit clogging up the 405.

Note: the above photos were downloaded from a website featuring before/after crystal meth user pics. Frighteningly applicable here.