Monday, September 29, 2008

B-Level Celebrities Who Have Pet My Dog: Part I In An Ongoing Series.

Petey has the uncanny ability to attract a friendly greeting from several of LA’s second-tier famous.

Like Ralph Steadman, a character actor who may be closer to C-list. Ralph once appeared on an episode of Happy Days as a Green Bay Packer who beats up Potsie (which on second thought, in my book, renders him A-list.)

From time to time, I’ll recant some of the more notable run-ins.

Today’s public displayer of affection: former Laker almost-great Kurt Rambis.

On a nice spring evening, I took Petey for a walk in a nearby park. Kurt was out for jog, and stopped in his tracks to give Pete a big hello. The funny glasses had given way to tasteful wire rims, and the mustache to a smart goatee– both more befitting of his new role as Lakers assistant general manager. Though it was odd that a front-office guy was out for a run during a home game.

Either way, it was a heck of a mid-level thrill.