Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Women’s Prison Is That Way, Fellas.

The other night I saw the movie Tropic Thunder (hilarious, btw), and when I exited the theater, I had a heck of a celebrity sighting: Miley Cyrus, and Dylan and Cole Sprouse, the twins from “The Suite Life of Zach and Cody”.

But before I could snap a pic of them, I was mesmerized by an altogether disturbing sight: professional autograph seekers.

These “men” emerge from their mothers’ basements long enough to earn a modicum of cash by stalking celebrities. Each bore a scary resemblance to the third guy on the evolutionary chart, making it hard to believe that they were made of the same biological elements as the beautiful, young stars.

I don’t know exactly how these guys knew these celebs would be out for a casual night at a movie theater. I assume they were tipped off by paparazzi, who had been tipped off by Miley, Dylan and Cole’s people. Either way, seeing a herd of George Castanzas rush up to 15 and 16-year-olds armed with headshots and Sharpies just gave me douche chills.