Friday, July 11, 2008

An Update.

I haven’t posted recently about what I’ve been up to acting-wise. Partially because the summer is even slower than normal as my union threatens to strike. And partially because I had realtor plastic flags to diss.

My new commercial agent has come through gangbusters. They send me out regularly and really work with me to help my career blossom. Laura the Agent has earned herself a Burke Williams gift certificate this Christmas.

Speaking of commercials, this week I had a callback for Carmax, and that is a very good thing. My acting teacher/mentor Stuart truly believes that a callback is as good as being given the role, because in the eyes of casting directors I’m an actor who delivers what their clients need. I earned myself a celebratory slice of Beach Pizza.

I’m still hitting the casting workshops four times a week, and really feeling good about my work. I’m in a tricky catch right now, as I have the talent but not the resumé, and credits give an actor that extra oomph. I’ll get there.

I see actors get burned out every day. New faces in workshops supplant those who’ve had an ass-full of rejection. Not me. I love the game.

Have a great weekend. Just seven days ‘til The Dark Knight.