Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Let's Talk, Dave.



Whenever I see a movie that really moves me, I write a letter to the director telling him that I really like his work, and insinuate that I'd really like to work with him. Yes, I’m fully versed on the state of California anti-stalking statutes.

The next letter I write is going to be to David Fincher. Above is the trailer for his new film, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It looks to be a cinch for an Oscar nomination.

The film is based on a short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and stars Brad Pitt as an 80-year-old man who is aging backwards, and in the middle of his life falls in love. It’s Fincher and Pitt’s third time teaming up, after Fight Club and Se7en.

I’m going to tell David Fincher how much I appreciate the way he crafts his movies. That they not only have a unique visual style; their intricate scripts separate them from anything else in theaters. They are instant classics, and I must work with this man.

I'm kinda starting to realize why you must control your intake of mood elevators before posting a blog entry.