Friday, June 27, 2008

Kickin’ It With Shevin.

Even at my not-yet-blown-up acting status, my name is plastered all over the Internet. So I signed up for Google Alerts, which notifies me whenever my name appears in a news article or website.

It works rather well, though occasionally I get an alert that contains the words “Matt” and “Shevin” that isn’t about me. In 1997, a college football play occurred in which Nebraska wingback Shevin Wiggins bobbled a pass, fell and wound up kicking it into teammate Matt Davison’s hands for a huge touchdown. The play is now known as the “Flea Kicker”.

Often, when the play is mentioned, and it got plenty of pub on its ten-year anniversary, I receive an alert about it. I actually thought it was way cool that my namesake was a historic D1 football player, until I received an alert about him being arrested and charged with sexual assault of a child for allegedly fondling two 14-year-old girls. Yeah, not so much.