Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thanks For Hanging Out, Guys.

As an actor, I could count the number of times I’ve needed a pick-me-up on one hand. If I were holding a calculator.

A few months ago, my neighbor took me to a special screening of The Bucket List. Good movie. Great post-movie festivities.

On stage, in a very cozy theater, taking Q&A, were Rob Reiner, Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. It quickly evolved into a love fest. Morgan divulged having had a drink or two before coming on stage, and was feeling no pain. Jack was having the time of his life, holding court as the world’s most charismatic 70-year-old.

I remember, when I first wanted to be an actor, my brother told me it was a good pursuit for me– he didn’t see me as the 9 to 5 type. And seeing these three men reinforced that this business isn’t work. Sipping a scotch in your limo before taking stage in front of an adoring crowd? I’ll gladly list that on my 1040.

Rob, Morgan and Jack, feel free to help recharge my batteries any time. Just call me on the celly.