Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wanna Be In A Movie? Buy A Plane Ticket.

Forget your acting classes, workshops, and agents, and get on the blower to Delta, United and JetBlue. It's the Matt Shevin Proven Route To Acting Success™, and I personally guarantee it.

Just about every actor in Hollywood will vouch. It never fails for me.

The key, however, is to purchase a ticket, but not actually take the trip. If you do, you'll be screwed– like me, in Scottsdale last week, when I got a call for a callback for a film.

Or two months ago, when, right before an audition for an independent film, the director asked me if I was available for his shoot on the 2nd of March. I said yes, but knew I would be in Utah that week. For practice, I auditioned anyway. The director called three days later and offered me the role.

Or two years ago, when, sitting at a baseball game in Seattle, I got a call that I was being given a role in a commercial but was needed that afternoon. I cried in my Raineer Beer.

Next up, I'll be booking an Alaskan cruise. And putting the kibosh on working opposite Tom Cruise.