Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Just Hand Him The Emmy.

Robin Williams is a phenomenal actor. He was amazing in Good Will Hunting, and so unbelievably creepy in One Hour Photo that in the middle of the film I had to remind myself that this guy was Mork.

Tonight, he guest stars on an episode of “Law & Order: SVU”, and I can guarantee you something five months before the day it happens: he’ll win the Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actor.

He shouldn't.

Again– Robin Williams, talented. But there are dozens of unknown actors who guest-star on shows every season and deliver incredibly emotional performances. But they'll never win one award because it’s so much more interesting to give them to A-list actors. So bet the bank on Robin to win. It’ll happen.

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I was wrong, I’d be broke.