Wednesday, March 5, 2008

On Behalf Of All Men, I Was Going To Thank Her.

Alas, it would have been terrific to relive puberty.

I had to miss my audition class on Monday and planned on making it up today, in a different class at the acting studio. Out of curiosity, I had checked today's class roster, and saw that Catherine Bach was a student.

Then I found out yesterday that I unfortunately wouldn't be able to attend the makeup today. So Daisy Duke and I were not able to share a moment.

Catherine Bach is one of many actors who, even after having a role on a hit show, understand the importance of knowing how to audition. While auditioning is essentially a form of acting, it doesn't quite require the same skill set. Auditioning for a guest role on a TV show is more difficult than being a regular on that show, because regulars know their characters well after playing them for some time, and don't need to create characters the way guest stars do. Some really great actors may struggle with auditions, much the same way some great students struggle taking the SAT.

Sucks I wasn't able to meet Catherine. Just to cheer myself up, I slid across the hood of my car before running some 'shine into the next county.