Thursday, August 22, 2019

The Motliest Crew

Hey, wilderness reality show person who is about to freeze to death with no hope in sight: maybe just cuddle up with the crew filming you.

I love film crews. It doesn’t matter how early my call time is or how little sleep I’ve gotten – when I pull up and the guys are busy unloading trucks and setting up a shot, I am instantly energized.

The crew of this film worked their asses off. Pictured with me above are Joe Carroll, production coordinator, and Steven Luna, second assistant director. They kept me happy and focused every day. Steven always knew where I was supposed to be, and what wardrobe I was supposed to be wearing. Joe, in addition to overseeing an obscene amount of details, busted my balls constantly for free.

There’s nothing like being on a set. You bond instantly with everyone involved. It becomes your community. You're there to make something great, and even better, you’re there for the hang. I missed these guys the second I was driving home after being wrapped. This is what I want to do with my life. These are the people I want to spend it with. See you soon, guys.