Friday, August 23, 2019

R,I.P., Ripped Friend.

The reason I’ve decided to replace my old messenger bag with a fancy new one is so that I look more classy and professional carrying nothing but snacks to wherever I go.

Actually, the old bag has had it. It’s splitting its seams in several places beyond repair. While my new Peak bag is entirely groovy, I’ll miss my old one. It’s been everywhere with me. It was at my side in India, China, Brazil, Costa Rica and the Philippines. It was with me at the Cannes Film Festival, and when I flew home for my dad’s funeral. It was sitting at my feet on my flight to Philadelphia last year when I found out I booked a role on a soap opera.

The new Peak messenger bag is killer – so thoughtfully designed and light as air. I didn’t realize it wasn’t just my laptop weighing down my shoulder all these years; my Victorinox bag was made of old, heavy, early 2000s canvas. Bulky and obsolete. Once again, an overdue lesson learned. Indulge me while I quote myself, from my blog after my first visit to the brand new Yankee Stadium:
“Seeing the old stadium across the street made me feel like I was at my new, hot young girlfriend’s place, peeking through the curtains at my ex-wife’s house. Sure, the missus and I had a lot of good times, but she’s old and smelly now.”