Monday, May 10, 2010

Even Stephen.

My good friend Jenn, who thankfully looks out my well-being because I sure as heck don’t, wasn’t thrilled with my last blog entry. And she was right – I’m still making it all about the rodent that was my boss. In my defense, who doesn’t love seeing a shitbag like that take in the shorts? My ex-boss begging to return to work is like, my ex-boss begging to return to work. It’s so absurd it's analogous only to itself.

Enter harmony, thanks to this email I received over the weekend. Jenn can’t help but co-sign on me posting it:

Dear Matt,

While searching for STUDIO APARTMENT ACTOR NYC... in an attempt to see if there were small apartments available in NYC for a short period of time for actors who are working in NYC, I found your great blog. I started reading it every so often and am taken with its joy, humanity, and celebration of what it means to be an actor. Others perhaps would not understand it. We are a unique society, actors.

Any person who can write the quote on the right side of your home page is like family to me. I understand it completely. I’ve been an actor for over 40 years and you write about your life as I would at your age. It has never left me and it continues to enliven my mind and spirit as if I were a novice.

I just wanted to write you and thank you for allowing others to join you as you journey through this life as an actor. I cannot imagine that you will not have great success.

Thanks again and may you continue to have great success. In my mind, you already are there.

Peace.

Stephen Reynolds
Los Angeles, CA



Stephen, it’s only Monday and you already made my week. Jenn, thanks for watching out for me – I’m closing the book and returning to my regular-scheduled career pursuit. And ex-boss, I wish you nothing but luck. Perhaps there are some openings at Hardees.