Saturday, January 31, 2009

An Early Candidate For Beating Of The Year.

Yesterday, I had an audition for a Swedish company that was looking for real musicians (I’m a drummer, btw) to play to a track in a commercial.

While signing in for the audition, an actor asked me if he could borrow my drumsticks when his turn came up. I told him he absolutely could, and he mentioned that another actor had denied his request, claiming his “agent told him not to lend out his sticks.”

I’ve talked about the misleading notion that actors are selfish and cutthroat a few times here, and then this winner had to go ahead and piss on my claim.

I don’t believe in karma, or “what goes around” nonsense. But I do believe that if I ever bump into this selfish J.O. at another audition, first I will do everything in my power to beat him out for the role, then I’ll meet him outside the casting office for a chat.

Happy rest of the weekend.