Tuesday, January 14, 2020

New York Leftovers.

Forget nudes. Send me your dinner leftovers.

I have a few mutant pics from my holiday trip that didn’t make posts. Above, I’ve mentioned before that a great quirk of my family was replacing each of our blonde cocker spaniels with another one with the same name. I learned how to swim in this pool by our home three Ollies ago.

My mom is a great cook, and makes the best latkes. Just one of the reasons why I put on nine lbs. in ten days.

I love that the arm of my union that provides assistance and educational programming named this building after the nicest man in show business.

For charity every year, Yankees General Manager Brian Cashman rappels down this building in Stamford, CT. This year, with the Yankees pursuing the best pitcher in baseball, office workers in the building got wise, printing “Sign Gerrit Cole!” on 8 ½” x 11” sheets and taping them to the windows down Cashman’s route. A week later, he signed Cole.

Driving through Greenwich, CT, I came upon a pair of old inscribed pillars. Perhaps they commemorated a historic battle of the Revolutionary War? No, they were just kissing the butt of local companies like Conde Nast. For shame.

I thought I loved the retro-ness of the TWA Hotel at JFK Airport before, but now, with a rink outside featuring skaters in pilot and stewardess costumes doing pirouettes, I’m all in.

You may recognize this groovy mosaic at LAX…

…from Once Upon a Time…In Hollywood. Unless things were different at LAX in the 60s, there’s a tiny bit of creative license here with Brad Pitt in the background pushing luggage. In reality, this tunnel takes you from the gate to baggage claim to pick up your bags. Love the movie nonetheless.