Tuesday, December 3, 2019

One Of The Best Movies Of 2019.

Normally, adding “family” to a word sucks the fun out of it – family affair – but over the weekend, I saw a very good family movie.

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood wasn’t exactly what I was expecting. Mr. Rogers is actually more of a supporting player to Lloyd Vogel, a journalist assigned to interview Mr. Rogers for a fluff piece for Esquire, only to find himself undergoing a transformation.

Tom Hanks was very locked into Mr. Rogers and his philosophy of kindness. Tom found out last week that he’s a sixth cousin of Mr. Rogers, which in a way makes sense that the two nicest guys in showbiz are related.

There was a scene so sweet, I more than teared up. Thank god my nephew, who was sitting next to me, didn’t notice, or I’d never hear the end of it. Tip: see it with someone who practices his own philosophy of kindness. Trust me.